You need two ingredients for this recipe: a store-bought roll of peanut butter cookie dough and a family-size bag of mini peanut butter cups. The only pan you will use is a mini muffin tin…and that won’t get dirty if you line the tin with little baking cups. No muss, no fuss.
My mom has been making these for years and they are quite possibly the perfect holiday cookie recipe. No dishes to wash, two ready-made ingredients and 30 minutes. That’s all you need.
They are the perfect size for cookie exchanges…or when you remember last-minute that you need to bring a hostess gift, have people dropping by the house or need to bring in a treat for your kid’s classroom (hypothetically speaking of course).
I didn’t type up a printable recipe for this one because it’s so simple – here you go:
- Preheat oven to the temperature indicated on the cookie dough package.
- Insert paper liners into a mini muffin tin (you can find festive holiday liners in the grocery store).
- Cut the dough into 9 equal slices. Divide each slice into quarters. Roll each quarter into a ball and place in the tin.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking, unwrap the peanut butter cups.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately push a peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie. Place on a cooling rack or into the fridge/freezer if you want the chocolate to cool faster.
The cookie becomes almost like a little “coat” enveloping the peanut butter cup – they just sort of melt together and become some kind of wonderful!
Another fabulous feature of this recipe is that it’s very versatile. If you have peanut allergies to contend with or have other favorite cookie and candy flavors, you can easily mix it up. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Chocolate dough with an upside down Candy Cane Kiss
- Sugar cookie dough with a Rolo or caramel-filled Kiss
There are so many flavors of Hershey Kisses – cherry cordial, hot cocoa, Hugs, etc. and other bite-size holiday candies that the options are really endless. Mix and match to find your family’s favorite!